- This, this, this, this, this, this, this, and this, all of which incline me to put my fingers in my ears and hum.
- I’d feel monumental guilt if I didn’t join the fight against climate change, now that I’ve taken the time to understand exactly what kind of threat it is (i.e. possibly existential).
- I like food. Climate Change is the thing most likely to take my food away. Things which threaten to kill me are more interesting to talk about than other things.
- I can’t find sites which discuss how to act on climate change as broadly or as deeply as I’d like. I realize that this may be the result of limited Googling skills more than of any real lack, but who cares, because:
- I’m done wasting life on things that don’t matter or only matter a little. Life is short. May as well spend it on The Big Thing.
To start, I plan on covering 4 categories of things here:
- My own climate change activism ideas, which are numerous, often bad, and once in a while good.
- Reporting about my attempts to act on those ideas.
- Analysis of factors which enhance or obstruct activism efforts.
- Reporting on other people’s climate change activism around the world.
You may be wondering: “Why Pirates?”
I don’t know.
I’ll try to inject highish spirits into everything I do here, because optimism and deep shit complement each other.
If you want to reach me, do so here.
–From The Sea